2013 President Charley Santoni, V. Santoni Company, "The Woodland Chamber of Commerce -- Good People, Good Business, Good Times" as his theme for the year. Chamber members, you and/or your employees need to know what opportunities are available in terms of involvement with the organization to which you belong. We want to make sure you are receiving "return on your investment!" You need to "Make connections"!
This is what your Chamber has to offer you in 2013!
Business Education - Mark Ullrich, Chair
Mission: The purpose of the Chamber's Business Education Committee is to act as a catalyst for industry and education. The Chamber initially spearheaded the "work-ready"certificate program and this year the committee is reinvigorating it! Additionally goals were indentified for the next 1-3 years. This committee will host two job Fairs & Job Talks. Come and get invloved. Support our local educational institutions!
Public Policy Committee- Joe Knieriem, Chair (Meets every other month)
Mission: The focus of the committees is to review and discuss issues and proposed City ordinances and legislation of all levels of government which could affect our economic/business climate. The committee hears business/community issues and determines the appropriate forum for educating members or taking action. They make recommendations for support or opposition to the Board of Directors.
Economic Development Council Planning Task Force- Al Aldrete, Chair
Mission: This committee is with the City of Woodland and the Small Business Development Center is making it easier to conduct business in Woodland. In June, this committee will host a regional Business Summit. Meetings include city project updates from the City Staff. They are invlolved with the annual "Business Walk". This year they are focused on "The Big Picture" and developing a strategic plan for marketing the community. Representatives have 2x2 meetings with City Council members. This group will also be involved with updating the City's General Plan. This group wil be instrumental in the formation of an Economic Development Corporation for the ?County and/or City.
Marketing - Debbie Kennedy, Chair
Mission: This committee is responsible for marketing the Chamber. On a yearly basis they collaborate with the City of Woodland and the Daily Democrat to provide a Woodland profile. (A Chamber Directory/Community Guide.) Additionally, this group oversees the production of the Business Connection newsletter, the Chamber`s website, and develops new benefits to assist in membership retention and recruitment of new members. In 2013 they will be working on rebranding the Chamber and the Community and a "Shop Local" campaign!
Water - Co-chairs Rich Jenness and Twyla Thompson
Mission: The purpose of the committee is to keep the members and community informed on water issues in order to make recommendations, which will offer enhancement of the quantity and quality of Woodland`s water supplies. The committee continues to seek viable solutions to water problems through education and programs designed to present factual information.
Or get involved and sign up to help with our annual SPECIAL EVENTS - All task forces are seeking individuals with energy and new ideas to enhance these traditional popular events.
- The Annual Women's Luncheon in April. Barbara Butterfield, Chair
- The Annual Golf Tournament at the Yocha De He Golf Resort in May.- Jim Hilliard, Chair
- The Chili Cook-off held on the third Saturday in September. Joe Knieriem, Chair
- On October 24th, the 45th Annual Farm/City Harvest Awards Luncheon. Twyla Thompson, Chair
- The 2nd Annual Young Professional's Recognition Reception in November- Sarah Robinson, Chair
- Last but not Least the Annual Christmas Parade, held the second Saturday in December.
In addition to networking opportunities experienced through involvement in smaller groups, the Chamber Ambassadors host monthly Membership Luncheons. If you are interested in becoming a Chamber Ambassador, please secure an application from The Ambassador Team Leader, Michael Marchese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your business will benefit when you get involved and become a part of the active business community! The Chamber creates a strong economy, promotes the community, provides networking opportunities and presents business interest to Government.
If you would like to volunteer for a committee or task force or would like more information on any of these programs, please contact the Chamber using the form below.
- Elm Ford, Inc., 346 Main St., Woodland 95695
- California Northern Railroad Co., 1801 Hanover Dr., Davis 95616
- Stephen Chaudhry Body Guard Services, 1015B 4th st., Woodland 95695
- Atria Covell Gardens, 1111 Alvarado Ave., Davis 95616
- Farmers Insurance-Payne Insurance & Financial, 194 W. Main St., Ste 100, Woodland 95695
- Yolo Energy Watch, 2781 Belmont Dr., Davis 95618
- Nuseed Global, 1460 Churchill Downs, Ave., Woodland 95776
- Kevin Cowan- Financial Service Provider, 1296 E. Gibson Rd #A245, Woodland 95776
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 1264 E. Gibson Road, Woodland 95776
- Tuleyome, 607 North St., Woodland 95695
Attention: If you have not ordered your 2013 Employment Labor Posters, we do have a FEW laminated available now for $35 each. Please contact the office, (530) 662-7327. (Two available in Spanish and Eight in English)
307 First Street Woodland CA 95695 | 530-662-7327 |
1-888-843-2636 | email@example.com
All Rights Reserved � 2009. WoodlandChamber.Org