The City of Woodland is proud of its numerous cultural, recreational and leisure opportunities. There is something for everyone.
Baseball is not only the national pastime in Woodland, it’s a way of life and baseball diamonds receive a workout from all ages, tots to adults. Providing the old adage that practice makes perfect, Woodland’s 1994 Babe Ruth World Series Champions were a source of pride community-wide. Another claim to fame, Woodland High School Wolves graduate Dustin Pedroia was named the 2007 MLB American League Rookie of the Year, was a contributing member of the 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox and was most recently named the 2008 American League MVP.
Youth and teens benefit from exciting programs scheduled through Parks and Recreation, with the newest addition, the Woodland Skate Park located at Crawford Park. The YMCA has an extensive Soccer program and a public pool.
Senior classes and services ranging from line dancing to computer lessons are available through the new "state of the art" Woodland Community & Senior Center. The Summer Festival Series in the Park showcases a full lineup of music, dance and fun at the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings; for an updated schedule go to www.ci.woodland.ca.us (Parks and Recreation Dept.) or view our local access cable Channel 21, the WAVE which covers special events, recreational programs and other issues.
A list of parks can be found on the official City of Woodland Map from the Woodland Chamber office. To make reservations call the Parks and Recreation Department 530-661-5880. A bikeway map is also available on the City website.
For the more adventurous sporting types, "White Water Adventures" white-water rafting on Cache Creek is a popular pastime. Numerous fishing opportunities are also available in nearby lakes, rivers and streams. For information on local and seasonal fishing and hunting sites, visit www.dfg.ca.gov
*fulll listings click here
BEAMER - 810 Hollister Rd. (Palm Ave.)
JACK SLAVEN PARK - 1705 Miekle Avenue (Farmers Central Road)
PIONEER PARK - 1925 Branigan Avenue (Pioneer ave)
- Elm Ford, Inc., 346 Main St., Woodland 95695
- California Northern Railroad Co., 1801 Hanover Dr., Davis 95616
- Stephen Chaudhry Body Guard Services, 1015B 4th st., Woodland 95695
- Atria Covell Gardens, 1111 Alvarado Ave., Davis 95616
- Farmers Insurance-Payne Insurance & Financial, 194 W. Main St., Ste 100, Woodland 95695
- Yolo Energy Watch, 2781 Belmont Dr., Davis 95618
- Nuseed Global, 1460 Churchill Downs, Ave., Woodland 95776
- Kevin Cowan- Financial Service Provider, 1296 E. Gibson Rd #A245, Woodland 95776
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 1264 E. Gibson Road, Woodland 95776
- Tuleyome, 607 North St., Woodland 95695
Attention: If you have not ordered your 2013 Employment Labor Posters, we do have a FEW laminated available now for $35 each. Please contact the office, (530) 662-7327. (Two available in Spanish and Eight in English)
307 First Street Woodland CA 95695 | 530-662-7327 |
1-888-843-2636 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rights Reserved � 2009. WoodlandChamber.Org